This is TLCOWNER with Cycles of Change Recovery. Now is the time to upgrade your existing plan or purchase a new private insurance plan if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and have been unable to get into a quality treatment program because you have state funded insurance (Medicaid/Medi-Cal) or if you have limited coverage with your current insurance provider. Now is the time to upgrade your existing plan or purchase a new private insurance plan if you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and have been unable to get into a quality treatment program because you have state funded insurance (Medicaid/Medi-Cal) or if you have limited coverage with your current insurance provider.
2018 Open Enrollment
Begins November 1, 2017 and ends December 15, 2017
Plans purchased during open enrollment start as soon as January 1, 2018.
When shopping for an insurance plan that will cover your addiction treatment, please keep in mind that it is typically a top tier or premium PPO plan such as a Gold or Platinum plan that will most likely give you the coverage and the flexibility to go to the treatment center of your choice.
Insurance plans vary from state to state. It is imperative that you have an in-depth conversation with an insurance agent or broker in your area, or with healthcare navigators who can be found at many local or regional nonprofit healthcare organizations, who are trained to discuss your coverage questions. Be honest and open so they can help you get the best plan to meet your healthcare needs.
5 Key Things to have and know about your coverage
- PPO plans allow you more freedom to go where you choose and offer both in-network and out-of-network coverage
- Covers All Levels of Care (detox, residential treatment, inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment) for mental health and substance use for both in-network and out-of-network;
- Has a low deductible in the $500 to $2,500 range for in-network and $2,000 to $5,000 for out-of-network;
- Offers co-insurance coverage of between 80% and 100% for in-network providers and 50% to 70% for out-of-network providers. Know what your co-payment amounts will be for in-network providers for all levels of care.
- Offers prescription drug coverage.
Cash pay prices for a quality residential treatment program can range from $15,000-$40,000 for 30 days of treatment. A monthly insurance policy will most likely cost several hundred dollars. Often, it is much more affordable for family members who are willing to help to pay the monthly insurance premium so their loved one can get treatment than to provide other types of financial support.
Please give me a call if you need any assistance.